Today is the book birthday for my new picture book A DAY SO GRAY!!! Woo hoo!!! As of today, this book is available for purchase everywhere in bookstores and online. It’s illustrated beautifully by the talented Alea Marley, and published by Clarion/Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.
In this book, warm friendship and a fresh way of seeing things transform a snow-covered landscape from bleak to beautiful! Kirkus says, “The thought-provoking and poetic text effectively celebrates balanced, helpful relationships and a positive, almost magical way of seeing and appreciating the world….Cozy up with this book to start a conversation about finding what’s bright when things seem dull.”
Please join the “party” and help me celebrate this birthday! How? Well, there are a bunch of ways to help this author (and any author you know). Here are a few (and any one of them will be much appreciated):
- Obvs, buy the book, if you can. Here’s the link to sites everywhere
- Share this post and other posts about the book on social media
- Know someone with a grandchild, a baby, or who needs a gift for one on the way? Suggest they check out A DAY SO GRAY.
- Attend a signing/reading that I’ll be at – and come and say hi! Don’t feel you have to buy the book there. Your presence will make a huge difference! Here’s where I’ll be, when.
- Read and review the book on your own sites, on book sales sites, and on Goodreads.com
- Mark my book as “to read” on Goodreads – that means others who are friends with you there will see it too
- Belong to a library? Then you can go onto the library’s site and key in this book as a requested purchase for your library system
- Are you a teacher/librarian, or do you know one? Perhaps you or they would want to use A DAY SO GRAY for a wintry story time, or for one about colors or mindfulness
- Tell anyone about the book who might be interested. Word of mouth is the best way to share!
- Be seen in the wild reading this book. Perhaps take a selfie and share it.
- If you see A DAY SO GRAY on the shelf somewhere, take a pic or a selfie with it and share online
- If you’d like to have me on your blog, or podcast, or chat with you for an article, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thinking of booking an author for a school visit? Check out my school visit pages here.
- A high five of any sort, whether online or in person, means a lot. Seriously, your support in any way, shape or form, makes a huge difference to this writer. Writing can sometimes be a long and lonely path, so just knowing there are so many good people in my life who are cheering me on? Well, that means the world!
Thanks, everyone! Thanks to my family for their support, always. Thanks to my fabulous agent Jennifer De Chiara. Thanks to my gifted editor, Anne Hoppe, and the wonderful and caring team of editors, designers, publicists and marketing team members at Clarion Books. And thanks to you!
No day is gray with all of you by my side!