IT’S GREEN GREEN CRAFT TIME!
This fun craft is a perfect activity for you to do on a rainy day, for a school or scout craft, or for a storytime activity. Make just one, or pre-cut a bunch ahead of time for a group or party!
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
Colorful card stock
Things to decorate it with like crayons, markers, stickers
Template to trace (provided below)
HERE’S HOW TO DO IT:
– First print out the template by clicking here, copy or save the image, then print it out and cut it out
– Next, fold a piece of colorful card stock longways
– Using the cut-out template, trace the template onto the card stock (make sure the narrow part is against the fold)
– Cut the butterfly out, including the two cuts along the fold (for your finger)
– Decorate with colors and stickers
– Twist on a pipe cleaner antennae
– Bend out the cut flap and put your finger through it
– Now fly!
*** For another craft idea, plus a story that will inspire you to make your neighborhood GREEN GREEN, be sure to read the new picture book GREEN GREEN: A COMMUNITY GARDENING STORY. For more info and to order, click here.