So, since last week’s Slice of Life Friday covered my top summertime loves, it’s only fitting that this one cover my favorite things about the fall, which, I must admit, is my very favorite season. So here goes:
1. The leaves changing.
2. Scuffing through said leaves…always adored doing this as a little kid.
3. Seeing the sunlight glint through said leaves (okay, enough with the leaves already).
4. Cooler air, which always makes me feel more energetic for some reason.
5. Wearing fall clothing cuz, let’s face it, I’m sick of the summer stuff by now.
6. Baking! Bread. Banana bread. Pumpkin pie. Apple pie.
7. Snuggling under blankets sipping hot cider… Or strong coffee.
8. Cooking up savory soups and stews.
9. The harvest moon.
10. Halloween. I’ve always loved loved loved Halloween. It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. Pumpkins beside pots of mums by the front door.
11. Ghost stories on a dark night.
12. Sitting by the fireplace reading a novel.
13. Fonthill’s pumpkin carving contest.
One thing I don’t love about fall? This is when, since I’m doing all this great cooking and baking, I start adding on a few pounds. It’s inevitable. Sigh.
So whats your fall love list look like?